ISPES 2023 reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference if the paper is not presented at the conference. Papers are single-blind reviewed because they do not contain plagiarized material and have not been submitted to any other conference simultaneously. These matters are taken very seriously, and ISPES will take action against any author who has engaged in either practice. The conference will strictly follow the guidelines provided by the publisher for the review process. The following guideline will be provided to the reviewer while reviewing the paper.
Reviewers should consider the following points related to the scientific content, quality, and presentation of the papers:
- Scientific merit: scientific rigour, accuracy, and correctness
- Clarity of expression; communication of ideas; readability and concepts
- Sufficient discussion of the context of the work and suitable referencing
- Originality: Is the work relevant and novel?
- Motivation: Does the problem considered have an in-depth motivation?
- Repetition: Have significant parts of the manuscript already been published?
- Length: Is the content of the work of sufficient scientific interest to justify its length?
- Title: Is it adequate and appropriate for the content of the article?
- Abstract: Does it contain the essential information of the article? Is it complete? Is it suitable for inclusion by itself in an abstracting service?
- Diagrams, figures, tables and captions: Are they essential and clear?
- Text and mathematics: Are they brief but still clear? If you recommend shortening, please suggest what should be removed
- Conclusion: Does the paper contain a clear conclusion? The conclusion should summarise what has been learned and why it is interesting and useful.
Similarity checks and maximum similarity 20%
ISPES is very serious about the similarity index. We use the Turnitin Plagiarism tool to check the similarity of each submitted paper. We set a target of 20% similarity. There are no tolerances with respect to the similarity. We will also submit the similarity report of each paper when we submit the full proceedings.